What do I want out of this class?

     One of the main reasons for choosing this class, was for the credits. It was the only option available at the last minute and I was a little late to registration. To be completely frank, I barely read the name of the class because I was in a rush to register. After the first two or so classes I have come to enjoy the class and its content. 

    I guess if I had to choose, I think that one thing I would hope to gain in this class is just how much and how fast things change, especially technology. The nuances of technology and its uses fascinates me. For example, this week’s lecture on deep fakes and just how advanced they have gotten. Of course, I knew they existed just not the extent that it can create a person, an identity with a face that never existed nor will ever exist. Which is a bit shocking to me because, as humans it is nearly impossible for us to create a whole new face, even in dreams the people we ‘make up’ are real people we have seen before. It makes you wonder what you miss when you blink. Some piece of tech becomes smaller and faster or another thing from a science fiction movie becomes a reality. 

    It’s an altogether scary thought but also kind of fun, don’t you think? Maybe in the next few years I will be able to hologram to class or send in my clone because I didn’t get enough sleep that day. The possibilities are endless, and they all had on starting point. That is what I hope to gain from this class, that starting point is the center of the web and maybe we will untangle it.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit From Erik Hanberg

Guest Speaker #2: Brian Forth

Startup.com