A Visit From Erik Hanberg

   I learned a lot from Erik Hanberg's visit. He spoke about his books, and it was amazing to hear how lucrative self-publishing is. It had me thinking about maybe publishing my own book and seeing the experiences firsthand. It was also very interesting to hear the many projects he is a part of and how it helped him grow. Being an entrepreneur is something and starting my own business is something I've always wanted to do. And something I am planning to do; I have helped start a few businesses with my brothers and help run them right now, but I want to start and run one myself.

One thing I found interesting is that he had a backup plan for his books just in case Amazon changes up its algorithm and he doesn’t get as much traction. This was interesting to me because it cemented in the fact that you should never get too reliant and should always prepare to be able to cover your basis. Another thing I noticed is that in order to be successful you have to try and fail and keep on trying because in order for you to find that one thing that you want it will take a few missteps.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Speaker #2: Brian Forth

Startup.com